This is one of the easiest recipes for homemade protein bar that you will come across on internet. This is so easy that even I kid can make, I am not kidding. If I can make trust me then anyone can.
I am always on a lookout for healthy things to eat. While buying protein bar from shops is far easy but not the healthiest option. Often they are over-priced with added sugar or preservatives. So make protein bar at home, save money and eat healthier with your choice of ingredients.
Ingredients for protein bar
1/3 cup almonds
1 cup almond butter
1/3 cup cashews
1 + 1/2 cup rolled oats
Maple syrup or honey
1/3 cup pistachio
1/3 cup walnuts
All types of seeds (Sunflower, pumpkin, etc)
1/3 cup raisins
Dry blueberry and raspberry
Instructions for protein bar:
- Grind almonds, pistachio, raisins, flaxseeds, walnuts, cashews in a food processor.
- Mix oats, almond butter and the above mixture in a bowl.
- Add maple syrup according to your taste. It depends on how much sweetness you like.
- I added 1 tbsp of nutella, this is optional. I love the flavor of nutella but you can ignore this step.
- Add sesame, chia seeds, dry blueberry and raspberry in the mixture and mix well.
- Press the mixture in a square pan and keep in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Cut into bars and enjoy the healthy homemade protein bars.
This is one of the easiest homemade protein bar recipe. There are no preservatives or added flavors which are not good for health. These bars are so yummy that you can’t stop at one. You can substitute or add any nut/seed of your choice. I always put these bars in my bag and munch whenever I am hungry. These are best for our fast paced lives where we don’t have much time.